Sunday, December 16, 2012

Walden's Portfolio Goes Against Every Principle They Have Taught Us

After getting replies from the Walden employees trying to answer some of my questions (while I feel they are totally avoiding answering others-specifically how they can go against the very principles they teach us in class by assessing us ALL the same way (papers) and only providing one form of assessment-they truly aren't meeting the needs of diverse learners like they expect us to do.) I have to question whether or not I'm the only one that feels Walden's Portfolio is meaningless busywork.  Although I have had numerous emails regarding this, and  a number of people respond to my initial post about this, it is safe to say that I am not alone in feeling this way.

This week one of my classmate's posted a question regarding what is due for the third transition point and another classmate responded. I must say, the response really sums up how the students feel about this portfolio process.  I have removed their names for privacy sake.



I would love to know how simply assessing us on standards that are not covered in our classes meets accreditation criteria.  Simply stating whether or not their students can meet the INTASC standards and NCATE standards does not in any way show that Walden is responsible for our learning......where is your pre-assessment Walden (you teach us this is best practice), where is your formative assessment along the way?  Where is your proof that you are responsible for our knowledge??

No comments:

Post a Comment