Sunday, December 16, 2012

Walden Providing False Information (Again)

As I was reviewing my course announcements I noticed that Walden has provided us with false information.  In my 8th course, 6713, I found an announcement that states assignments are weighted and that we only would have THREE applications/assignments in the course.  However, this has not been the case.  Curiosity got the best of me and I checked my previous class since we still have access to that, and it also has the same announcement!  Technically, I would think that if we would have argued this, we could have had a leg to stand on, and maybe only would have had to complete three assignments instead of 7+.  I contacted my current professor and immediately the announcement was removed from my current course (it was not posted by my current prof, it says it was posted by the course administrator).  I did copy this before it was deleted however.  Also, I have a screen shot of the same message posted in my previous course.

Come on Walden, get it together......



·       Posted by:Course Administrator 045
Posted to: EDUC-6713I-2,Intgr Tech Across Cntent Areas.2012 Fall Sem 09/04-12/23-PT4
·       Information on Grading
Posted on: Monday, July 16, 2012
Weighted Grading
Please note that this course contains weighted grading. Within the Syllabus, you will see that assignments are weighted differently depending on their type. The total points achieved for each assignment will be weighted based on the percentage values noted. The following table gives an example of the type of weighted grading that you might see throughout your program. In this example, you will notice that the total point value of the Discussion assignments is 32 points; however, the Discussions are worth 40% instead of 32% because weighted grading is being used. Your Syllabus will always provide the specific grading information for each course.
Example
Assignment Type
Points
Weighted Percentage
What This Means
Discussion
8 Discussions
4 points each x 8 = 32 points
5% each x 8 = 40%
Each of the 8 eight Discussions is worth 4 points and 5% of your total grade. Therefore, the maximum possible points for the Discussions are 32 points and they are weighted at 40% of your total grade.
Application Assignment
3 Application Assignments
4 points each x 3 = 12 points
20% each x 3 = 60%
Each of the 3 three Application Assignments is worth 4 points and 20% of your total grade. Therefore, the maximum possible points for the Assignments are 12 points and they are weighted at 60% of your total grade.
Total

100%

Posted by:Course Administrator 048
Posted to: EDUC-6713I-2,Intgr Tech Across Cntent Areas.2012 Fall Sem 09/04-12/23-PT4



Same Message in 6712


If I remember correctly, we were told this very same information in previous classes (I have all of my papers somewhere I just don't have time to look through them at this point)....interesting how they preach the importance of providing accurate information in their student requirements, yet do not do the same.  But, all Education majors attending Walden know that if there is one thing Walden has perfected it is going against the very principles and standards that they hold their students accountable.


No comments:

Post a Comment