Wednesday, May 30, 2012

VoiceThread


https://voicethread.com/share/3141170/

This was my very first experience with VoiceThread, I hope it worked.
I decided to pose a current problem for my students.  This is actually something we are discussing at this time.  Once this activity is done, I would also like to extend it to get the students' feedback on how we can improve our playground and explore pricing and other factors.
I believe my VT is set to public, but please let me know if you are unable to view it.
I enjoyed watching the how-to videos teaching us how to get the link to our VT and how to set it to public.  How would I make a similar VT?  I would love to have a video showing the live onscreen steps as I explain how to do something on the computers.  For example, I would love to have little tutorials like how to format a picture in Word so they can move it around and select the exact location in the document.   Does anyone know where I can get more information on how to do this?



4 comments:

  1. Hey Mindy,
    I was able to access your VoiceThread with no issues. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy -- I loved your VoiceThread! I, too, could benefit from a tutorial of some sort which would take me to the next level of creating VoiceThreads. Scott used this cool pencil tool to make circles around parts of his map. I would like to do that. Also, I tried replying to those people who had posted on my VoiceThread, but nothing seemed to post. Hopefully, I didn't just record over my initial posting! I will watch to see if anyone comes up with some information for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary!
    I think the pencil appears when you click on comment. Near the typing box there is a pencil and a color wheel so you can even select the color you want to write.

    As far as the comments, it looks like as you play the VT, it puts a dot on the line that moves as the VT plays. I replied after a comment, however it only showed under my original icon but it did play the reply after their comment played. Its not perfect but it can be a great tool for sure! The only problem is the cost of having a group or class. I went to a training for gifted students yesterday and the presenter teaches language arts and has all students submit their papers through voice thread and so he never has to take home papers to grade! Also, it saves the papers and his comments so if parents have questions, he has quick access to the documents. :) He also assigns different due dates for each student and just grades throughout the year. He really seemed to have a good grasp on things!

    ReplyDelete